Experienced Houston Criminal Defense Lawyers
If you have been accused of a crime, you need a skilled attorney on your side. At David Mitcham, Attorney at Law, in Houston, Texas, we have three decades of experience in criminal defense. We will help you fight to protect your freedom and defend your Constitutional rights.
Founding attorney David Mitcham has handled thousands of criminal defense cases, and has served as lead counsel in more than 200 criminal jury trials. He knows what it takes to be successful at trial and is proud of his track record, which includes many, many acquittals. A former prosecutor in Harris County, he understands the law from the prosecutor's perspective and can use that experience to develop a defensive strategy for your case.
Among his credentials, he has been Board-Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1985.
Whatever charges you may be facing, you can rely on us for aggressive representation. Contact us to discuss your case.
Free Initial Consultation · Se Habla Español · Major Credit Cards Accepted
Our firm handles all types of state criminal defense cases, from misdemeanors to felonies.
We can help you with cases involving:
- DWI and driver's license suspension or revocation
- Possession, cultivation or distribution of drugs
- Theft-related crimes, including car theft, arson, burglary, trespass, and other property charges
- Prohibited weapons
- Domestic violence, intoxication assault and other forms of assault
- Resisting or evading arrest
- Probation violations, motions to revoke probation, and early termination of probation
- Sealing of records (Expungements)
- Medical fraud, credit card abuse, insurance fraud, and other white collar crime
- Sex crimes (Child pornography, sexual assault)
- Armed robbery, rape, murder and other violent crimes
Pursuit of Justice
With extensive experience in dealing with criminal investigations, we know what to look for at crime scenes and what questions to ask witnesses. We will pursue all sources of information, and we may utilize forensic experts to assist us as we build your defense.
We are committed to our clients, and you can trust that we will do everything in our power to defend you or your loved ones.
For a consultation with an experienced lawyer, contact our offices in downtown Houston. We are located four blocks south of the Harris County Courthouse in the Great Southwest Building. Phone calls are answered 24 hours a day at 713-222-1616.